I took an unintentional hiatus and I think, retrospectively, that it was a good idea. See, classes start for me this coming Monday, and life is going to go a little crazy. I’m taking 15 credit hours (that’s five writing-/reading-oriented classes) and working 15 hours a week on campus, with roughly a 2-hour commute to and from campus.
Life is going to be a little hectic.
As Jenna Moreci recommends, I’ll be making some “quarterly” (I’m going for more than a quarter of a year but it doesn’t sound as nice) goals to hopefully get me through the semester just fine, in terms of blogging, homework, writing, and reading.
- 1. Do one blog post a week, minimum. Alternatively, do a total of 18 posts over the course of the semester.
- 2. Turn in every homework assignment on time.
- 3. Hit 200 blog followers by the end of the year.
- 4. Hit 100 Twitter followers by the end of the year.
- 5. Accomplish my Goodreads Challenge by reading (as of today) 36 books. I’m a little behind, but I have high hopes. It breaks down to 2 books a week.
- 6. Decide whether to participate in NaNoWriMo in November. If so, win NaNoWriMo. Alternatively, write at least 5 thousand words per month.
My list might be a little short in comparison to some of the Jenna’s lists, and some of goals rather low or rather high, but I think it’s a good starting place. I’ll hopefully be doing an update on my progress regarding these goals sometime in October.
I’m also in the progress of typing up some posts that I will be scheduling over the course of the next handful of weeks. You will see more of me!
Do you have any goals for the upcoming months?
Does school start for you, too?